Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Santa Sf dehumidifier

On Tuesday, June 25, 2019 at 11:44:06 AM UTC-4, Steve wrote:
I have a Santa Fe upright dehumidifier that is not producing water. Opening
the unit, the fan is working and compressor is humming. the coils do not get
cold/any frost on them. Does this mean there is a leak or it needs new
refrigerant? How difficult of a process is this to fix? replacing
refigerant....can I do it myself??

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...r-1194615-.htm

Time to junk it. Lots of experiences here with people who only get a few
years out of these. You can't DIY unless you have gear to solder/braze
to attach fittings, vacuum pump, refrigerant, gauges, etc. Even if I had
that, I'd probably junk it anyway, not worth the trouble. And then
you'd likely need parts, what do they cost? They don't lose refrigerant
unless something is shot, eg the coils are leaking. Also, while
I almost never buy an extended warranty, I would look into that for the
new one. I bought on, got the extended warranty and in the third year
it died, so it was covered, got a new one.