Posted to alt.home.repair
devnull devnull is offline

Default how to install locking doorknobs on double interior doors?

On 6/25/19 1:15 AM, wrote:
I have what is described in my master bedroom but theres a problem. The left hand door has a slider lock at the top only, which is fine. There is a lock on the right hand door but it easily is opened with any slight pressure on the doors. I suspect this is the case because there is no anchor or slider at the bottom of the left hand door to make it rigid and prevent ants give. The problem is that we just had new hardwood floors installed and dont want to drill into them for the door anchor. Any suggestions on how we can have a locked room?

Is this to keep little kids out while you're making more little kids or are you trying to slow down some do-bads while you grab your Clint Eastwood special?