Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Removing oil stains from tarmac

On 23/06/2019 18:13, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sun, 23 Jun 2019 08:48:08 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Time and weathering?

detergent and as pressure washer

= accelerated weathering

Trouble with the pressure washer is that it cleans too well and you
have PW the whole area or have clean patch instead of a oily one...

People seem to want single hit instant fixes these days.

Oh yes!

Yes, you can
spend half a day or longer with various detergents and solvents but
it's lot of effort compared to 15 mins working in some washing up
liquid and leaving it.

Or conversely they want to kill the weeds in their gravel drive, when
the real answer is to dig it all up, sieve the gravel to remove the
soil, and put it all back again...:-)
I am coming round to te two or three principles of DIY
GAMI - get a man in
TMAI - Throw money at it, hire a digger remove the gravel pay to have it
taken away get another 20 tonnes, hire a digger again and re lay it..
BHW - Bloody Hard Work - just kuckle down and do it by hand.

I dug a hole for some huge gateposts. I used a trowel; below 2 ft and
in the end a bent sppon below three. Took a whole afternoon to dig the
two holes. They are, 10 years, later rock solid

Mark Twain