Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Crabtree Starbreaker CU

In article ,
ARW wrote:

Any reason why the kitchen sockets have no RCD protection?

Possibility of leaking heaters in washing machine, etc?

I'm single so don't need to worry about others doing stupid things, and
everything is left plugged in anyway.

But I might well fit an RCBO to that too now.

Fair enough. I was just curious. Although that would have passed the
16th edition if the sockets are not on the ground floor and so unlikely
to be used for outdoor equipment.

They are. But I have outdoor sockets anyway with their own RCDs -
installed before that CU.

I know this does not apply to you but that is a good example of why the
sockets should be RCD protected in a plebs house.
They have say a faulty lawnmower that trips the RCD outdoor socket so
they then plug it into a kitchen socket.

--
Adam