Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Removing oil stains from tarmac

On Sat, 22 Jun 2019 01:30:39 -0700 (PDT), Lee Nowell wrote:

We have a red tarmac drive and had an old car with an oil leak resulting
is an oil stain on the drive (around 1m2)? What's the best way to remove the stain?

On concrete and oil spots (up to 6" across) I just liberally apply
washing up liquid work it in with a stiff brush and leave. The next
lot of rain washes it away, doesn't matter if it doesn't rain for a
day or three. In fact it's probably better if it can be left to
"work" for a day or so before it rains.

I'd be wary of degreasers on tarmac they may soften the bitumen...

--
Cheers
Dave.