Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Reay[_6_] Brian Reay[_6_] is offline

Default Removing oil stains from tarmac

On 22/06/2019 21:54, Steve Walker wrote:
On 22/06/2019 09:30, Lee Nowell wrote:
Hi All

We have a red tarmac drive and had an old car with an oil leak
resulting is an oil stain on the drive (around 1m2)? What's the best
way to remove the stain?

Thanks

Lee.

Time and weathering?

SteveW

I've not tried this on tarmac but it works on red block paving and plain
concrete:

First soak in paraffin, work it in.

Before it dries, apply one of the water soluble degreasers. Gunk, Jizer
or the newer fancy ones. I had some pink poncy smelling stuff I bought
when I couldn't get Gunk, it was magic. Again work it in - I use one of
those brushes for pans etc. Then lots of hot water with a good dollop of
washing powder. Finally, hose it off.

Generally one treatment does it. If not, wait until dry, and repeat from
the degreaser stage.

I've only needed two goes once or twice.