Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Weed-proofing a gravel path

On 22/06/2019 09:19, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Fri, 21 Jun 2019 05:07:18 -0700 (PDT), harry wrote:

Salt. Almost as good as sodium chlorate.

Well the very edge of grass verges go brown towards the end of winter
but very soon green back up. Wouldn't with sodium chlorate...

I had rabbits grazing the dead nettles in my gravel so today I got out
my brand new £2.95 sieve from Home base, and started shovelling the
gravel into it

One trug for anything green one for what was sieved and then just put
the gravel back

You would not *believe* how much soil I sieved out.

Probably a large bucketful for every square meter.

Rate was about a square meter an hour for the very bad bits

3 sq meters done ...15 to go...

I got about 10 kilos of compostable material as well

--
Some people like to travel by train because it combines the slowness of
a car with the cramped public exposure of an airplane.

Dennis Miller