Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Removing tar from brick

On Saturday, June 22, 2019 at 10:14:06 AM UTC-4, Howtodo wrote:
Will a 1:8 dilution of muriatic avid harm my asphalt roof? I plan to attempt
to remove some tar from the brick on house that is above my back porch roof

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...k-1194361-.htm

Probably not, but I'd wash it off soon after it spilled, not just leave
it there. More to the point, why are you using acid to try to remove tar
from brick? Tar isn't going to come off with acid. I'd use mineral spirits
or some gasoline on a rag. If it's old and hardened, scrape it off first.