Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default sarking

In article ,
Andrew wrote:
In article ,
John Rumm wrote:
Some older houses may not have it but more modern ones certainly do. All
the houses we own/have owned have sarking felt.

Although the jocks quite often say sarking when they mean under boarding.

Because it's been around rather longer than roofing felt.

If you missed it, todays car restoration job on Quest was
a nice Rover P5 coupe, given a recon power steering pump
(apparently the owners handbook said don't hold on full
lock for more then 30 seconds or it will overheat the fluid).

For some reason they had stainless steel exhaust manifolds
made up to replace the oem cast-iron ones, which seems like
a waste of £1600.

cast iron exhaust? mild steel more likely

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England