Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Screwfix window

Ages ago, I fitted a Screwfix window in the kitchen. Stock size UPVC DG.
Approx 2x1m, three panels, outer two being casement types.

One - the least used one - has jammed shut. But does release the middle
and bottom catch. Tapping the top with a rubber mallet got it open.

The bottom latch moves up and down with the handle. The top one only
upwards, but with the handle in the open position can be pushed down.

Be a shame to have to buy a complete new window, as other than this it is
fine.

Not sure how you get at the mechanism - looks like the DG panel may have
to come out?

If I could get at it, would spares be available - or could it be repaired?

Any tips gratefully received. Not done anything like this before.

--
*Of course I'm against sin; I'm against anything that I'm too old to enjoy.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.