Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Storm door won't close

On 6/21/2019 6:52 PM, Davej wrote:
My glass storm door won't close if the inner door is closed. It works
fine if the inner door is open, so apparently the trapped air pocket
is the source of the problem. Adjusting the pneumatic closers (there
are two: One at the top and one at the bottom) will fix the problem
but then the door slams closed when the inner door is open. I don't
want it to slam. I want it to close politely regardless of whether the
inner door is open or closed. Is there a way to solve this issue?

Thanks.

Better closers. Good ones will close the door rapidly, then slow close
the last few inches so the air is not trapped. Be sure the latch in
adjusted properly too so the closer does not have to overcome extra load.

Sorry, can't tell you a brand to use. It has been years since I
installed doors.