Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Enlarging a hole

In article ,
tony sayer wrote:
In article , Chris J Dixon
scribeth thus
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Well, I do have what was known at work as a honeymoon tool here.

Anyone care to speculate what it is?

Our wiremen called them courting pliers.

For stretching cable markers or other sleeving over cables.

Three thin fingers which separate when you squeeze the handles

https://images.app.goo.gl/rxHoPAzijxo2PTyu6

Chris

We referred to them as Hellermann pliers when putting rubber sleeves on
high voltage cables in UHF TV transmitters waay back in the late
sixties!...

we used them on MUSA connectors for concealing the braid. Again 1960s. I've
still got mine.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England