Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4DHJ ... Jim GM4DHJ ... is offline

Default Building a wall

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message

"charles" wrote in message
In article ,
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

On 19/06/2019 23:34, Roger Hayter wrote:
If you mean a half brick, I should recommend a maximum height of
about
900mm without buttresses.

Nah. You make the studwork structural and use the bricks as cladding.
Its
standard practice.

Studs with a stressed skin (strawboard) outer is usual, then a
membrane
tacked on, then some kind of support nailed on to key the blockwork
too.
Or you can clad with fake timber cladding that never needs painting.

PS I just realised that what I mean by strawboard is strictly sterling
board.

Strawboards is really made of straw!

strawboard is stramit board shirley?

Strammit board is a brand name for one version of strawboard. I used for
my
garage roof c1970

"stramit" shirley...it had its uses .......

I used to think it was made in Scotland.......