Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default In line puch down Krone coupler for Cat5E - any "gotchas"?

On 19/06/2019 23:36, Graham. wrote:
On 19/06/2019 21:28, Steve Walker wrote:
On 19/06/2019 21:21, dennis@home wrote:

Hangf on

Is this just the connection between the router and a gigabit swiotch?

If its only carrying internet/wifi it only need be 100Mbps.

So no need to connect all the pairs or be prissy about it

My wifi runs at 600+ megabits a second so 100 megabit ethernet is a
bottleneck.

Yes it can be. Although even 100M Ethernet can be faster than wi-fi if a
number of devices are talking to each other as they are not sharing the
bandwidth. Each 100M data stream having its own separate bandwidth, as
long as multiple devices are not all trying to talk to the same one.

SteveW

Yes, but I have three 5Gig access points.

Only gig ethernet so that is a potential bottleneck here.

To me you appear to be saying:
"I have three 5GHz access points and only 1Gb/s Ethernet"
the first is a measurement of radio frequency and the second is one of
throughput.

You need the 5g access points to get 1200 Mbs.
you can't on 2.4G.