Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Air Conditioning Repair

On 6/19/2019 9:42 AM, wrote:
I put a small screw hole in my window air conditioner coil. Can it be fixed inexpensively. Just bought at pawn shop $50.00. I'm on a budget, retired. I can't believe I did that. Wasn't thinking not used to window units never had before. Lol Help Please...
THANK YOU
Paula

Probably cost more to repair than to buy a new one. Braze the hole
closed, purge with nitrogen, draw a vacuum for a couple of hours, then
charge.

Won't help you any, but every years people ask here about the same
thing. Most drill the bottom to drain better and go through the coil.
You are not alone.

Head to WalMart or Lowes, etc.