Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default Water meter & excessive bill

Top posted for Brian from Andrew

But it's easy to check a water meter, just turn OFF your own
internal stop cock, then find the meter and watch the little
wheel on top. If it is moving at all, then water is going
somewhere.

NEXT, turn your water OFF at the meter using the little
plastic tool, and turn back ON the internal stopcock.

If your taps now work, the meter is cross connected.
Just leave it OFF out at the meter and wait for
wailing screams from a neighbour.

On 19/06/2019 08:23, Brian Gaff wrote:
Not the first time I've heard of this sort of cock up, I have to say. Of
course nobody would have known until one site had a meter.
The point now is who is going to pay the out of pocket expenses and
compensation to the family overcharged. Who fitted the meter, who drew the
plan for the original supply etc.
Brian