Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default Crabtree Starbreaker CU

On Tue, 18 Jun 2019 19:27:29 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

I've got one of these. Really can't remember when I installed it. It's
split load and conformed to the then regs, if that helps. I'd guess at mid
90s.

I have a separate radial for the AV equipment, and that (I think) tripped
the RCD today. Not really surprised given the number of SMPS on it.
Unplugged things not in use immediately and it fired up and held. My guess
is the recently installed (but quite old) desktop PC.

There are two spare ways on the non RCD side, so would like to swap the AV
radial to there on an RCBO. But there appears to be more than one
Starbreaker design. Any tips on how to identify the right one from an Ebay
pic?

Crabtree and Wylex are parts of the same company. Measuring as well as I
can, it seems that a miniature RCBO wil fit in place of an MCB. Has the
advantage of breaking N as well.
My board is Wylex from about '91 - '92, so possibly similar to yours.
https://www.electrium.co.uk/products
https://www.electrium.co.uk/products...ub=AAW&level=3

I've been looking at Wylex min. RCBOs on ebay - they're available and a lot
cheaper than from the usual sources but I don't know about Crabtree,
although it might not matter.

--
Peter.
The gods will stay away