Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How common is TN-C-S household wiring in the UK with combined PEN

On Tue, 18 Jun 2019 17:08:19 +0100, Andy Burns wrote:

I suspect the last time the general public were affected was whn a
Duisrtibution board in Battersea failed. That took out most of

West
London

Didn't half of South London have to walk home on 28th August 2003?

The Sizewell/Longannet incident of May 2008 is likely to have
affected the power to far more people than either of those. The
automatics dropped customers off supply across London, Cheshire,
Merseyside and East Anglia.

I expect the whole country felt the effects of it as well. We didn't
lose power but had a big dip and unstable supply for a few seconds.

--
Cheers
Dave.