Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Water meter & excessive bill

Not the first time I've heard of this sort of cock up, I have to say. Of
course nobody would have known until one site had a meter.
The point now is who is going to pay the out of pocket expenses and
compensation to the family overcharged. Who fitted the meter, who drew the
plan for the original supply etc.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
wrote in message
From a local FB group....

When Jane (name changed to protect the innocent)and I moved into Church
House 3 ish years ago we found we were paying a huge 1/4 bill for water, we
are on a meter. Having settled in we contacted Southern water and questioned
it. We went through a process of "Do you have a water mill" "No" "Do you
have a swimming pool" "No" "Do you have 10 children" "NO". Ok you have a
leak ! I said Ok can you come and have a look. They said "Yes". But they
never came, I contacted them weeks later and said "When are you coming"
Their reply was aggressive and unnecessary "We are not coming the leak is on
your property it's down to you" end of story. Well no, not quite. After
saving up a lot of money for a local company (Excellent local company) to
put a new water main in, we had it completed this weekend. Great ???? No
???? we have cut off our next door neighbours water supply. She had been
paying water rates whilst her water had come through our meter. What leak ?
I leave you to make your own conclusions. Southern Water ??!!??