Stephen Hull

Default Floating wood floor.

In message
(ian) wrote:

If the planks are only painted on one side they will tend to warp or
pull up as the coating dries.

The wood wasnt painted on both sides as i wasnt aware that it needed
to be done, im only a novice.
The floor was fine for a good 6 months, but i guess its dried out
further hence the cupping.
I cant exactly paint the underside now can i.

Please only usefull comments on which method i should choose to fix.

Thanks

I suppose you weren't to know that applying an additional coating to the
underside can help stop warping as both surfaces would therefore dry more
evenly and would'nt be working against each other as they dry.
Warping doesn't happen so much with seasoned softwood or hardwoods.

Applying four coats of varnish on one side only will create warping
especially on soft untreated timbers.

Unfortunately I've no idea what to suggest on how to remedy your problem
other than what other posters have previously suggested.

Steve.

--
Vehicle Painting Pointers:
http://www.stephen.hull.btinternet.co.uk