Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default HDD trouble

On Tuesday, 18 June 2019 11:23:19 UTC+1, Bob Eager wrote:
On Tue, 18 Jun 2019 03:06:07 -0700, tabbypurr wrote:

I checked it for flags, boot not ticked. I removed partitions & set it
up as 1 partition for the whole disc, formatted it. Same problem. Mint 7
will work with it, Mint 17 won't, just hangs at boot time. BIOS boot
settings hand't changed, the same named HDD there. Dunno. So I took the
easy solution & USBed it. It works ok like that.

Boot a live (cd/USB/DVD) without the disk fitted. Use gpart or similar to
inspect the numbers assigned to existing disk(s).

Then shut down, add the new disk and do the same again. See if the disk
numbers have shifted.

What numbers are those?

NT