Posted to uk.d-i-y
Scott[_17_] Scott[_17_] is offline

Default How common is TN-C-S household wiring in the UK with combined PEN

On Tue, 18 Jun 2019 12:58:50 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

On 18/06/2019 09:13, Martin Brown wrote:

Arising from the EV Charging in the UK thread I am having an argument
with a USian who insists that UK wiring is unsafe and uses a combined

Its a little rich for someone in the US to complain that *our*
electrical systems are unsafe... You only need look at the electrocution
stats where they have annual death rates of thousands a year compared
with the "tens" per year we would expect here.

I heard that with 110V it is recognised practice to test for live
using one finger. Is this apocryphal?