Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How do I hang a radiator on a Thermalite block wall?

On 18/06/2019 14:24, Andrew wrote:
On 18/06/2019 13:40, newshound wrote:
On 18/06/2019 12:27, wrote:
On Tuesday, 18 June 2019 12:19:49 UTC+1, Tim+Â* wrote:

In the process of changing a radiator and found that the old fixings
were a
bit too flimsy for my liking.

The new one is a 2000x450 double convector so fairly heavy.Â* There are
currently three battens with two wood screws each, the screws going
through
the battens and into the thermalite.Â* The battens and screws just about
fell out when I tried to remove the screws. All the vertical load
seems to
have been carried by the plaster coat around the battens.

Whats the best wall fixing for this sort of load in thermalite?

Tim

Options include coach screws into large wooden plugs, or resin
bonding them in, or supporting the supporting sheet at the ground.
The 1st is the least strong. Or use floor sitting rads.

NT

I'd also expect long frame fixings to work, at least 125 mm. These
Anchor fixings might be even better

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rigifix-M8-.../dp/B01L4PQK9Y

The internal partition walls in my house are 3 inch blocks so that
would not be great idea !!.

well use bolts then!

--
€œSome people like to travel by train because it combines the slowness of
a car with the cramped public exposure of €¨an airplane.€

Dennis Miller