Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How do I hang a radiator on a Thermalite block wall?

On 18/06/2019 14:21, Andrew wrote:
use the sort of plugs that kitchen fitters use, i.e. longer than
normal plugs and with parallel sides, the tapered ones are no
good. Drill the hole using a wood drill bit so that the plug
is a fairly snug fit, and make sure the bit does not 'wobble'
or you will end up with plug that just goes round and round and
makes the hole bigger.

If this does happen, car body filler instead of a rawlplug is ideal.

I've lost count of the times that haqs got me out of trouble...sticks to
anything, can be drilled and tapped, takes woodscrews and self tappers,
spreads loads marvelously, can be filed sanded and painted..