Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default recomendations for table top milling setups?

"whit3rd" wrote in message
On Sunday, June 16, 2019 at 2:25:13 PM UTC-7, Jim Wilkins wrote:

I spent a year drawing the fonts for a new printer, dot by dot, the
full IBM character sets, in regular, bold and italic.

Yow! It only took me an afternoon to create a lowercase font for
the old Versatec plotter; the V- 80 was a good low-cost producer,
with terrible hardware design and first-class software. It came
with
a connect-the-dots font editing utility, but only one uppercase
font.

Did those IBM character sets include APL fonts?

No, it was an office printer, the Howtek color inkjet of 1986,
developed by the Centronics engineers.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk%3ASolid_ink

During an Army field exercise I designed a simple font in about 2
hours, that displayed in the punched hole patterns of Teletype paper
tape. The regular printout appeared to be random garbage that
satisfied the requirement to exercise the system somehow. A full,
credible Times Roman or Bodoni font isn't nearly so quick or easy.