Posted to uk.d-i-y
Michael Chare[_4_] Michael Chare[_4_] is offline

Default Dyson V59 charger - Replace?

On 17/06/2019 08:39, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
on 16/06/2019, Michael Chare supposed :
I have a charger for a Dyson V59. The nominal output voltage is 26v.
My meter shows the actual output voltage when not charging is 23.1v

Checking the voltage without a suitable load, is absolutely meaningless.

Many chargers don't output a voltage to a battery, unless they 'see' the
voltage of a battery at the output.

I removed the battery unit from the rest of the device and tried
charging it by itself. It does not charge and I can't measure any
voltage on the ouput terminals even when I press the power on switch.

The charger now shows a voltage of 6.3v with no load.

The battery unit was a non Dyson replacement bought on ebay last
December. There is a 1 year warranty. I ordered another ebay non Dyson
replacement which cost a little less and surprisingly has a 3 year
warranty. The battery units contain the switch and some electronics. It
appears impossible to take them apart without destoying the outer
plastic shell.

--
Michael Chare