Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nightjar Nightjar is offline

Default Screw Caps / Covers

On 17/06/2019 07:53, Brian Reay wrote:
Im looking for a particular style of screw cap / cover to replace a one
or two which have got lost. They really need to match.

The style is as follows. Two parts.

One part is top hat shaped. The brim stays visible when fitted, the crown
goes into the work piece. The hole where the screw goes is filled by the
second part, which just pushes in. (I fact it is this bit which I need to
replace but I will have to buy the whole thing I am sure.)

The push in bits arent as snug as they could be and fall out. Nothing Ive
found is a good match.

Ive tried EBay etc but I cant see anything like these. The item isnt off
UK manufacture although I am trying that route.

Im hoping someone can point me to a super source of such things that
stocks such widgets and wimwams.

Unfortunately, the sources I know who might do something like that only
sell in large quantities. e,g:

https://www.vital-parts.co.uk/

Colin Bignell