Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Plasterboard paper surface peeling

On 16/06/2019 19:41, dennis@home wrote:
On 16/06/2019 17:24, wrote:

Stick on lining paper (or even newspaper) with PVA (Several layers)

wallpaper paste is much better

When dry sand down, adding paper layers as necessary or filler.

you can't sand paper, use filler.

You only glue the centre of one layer of lining paper and then you
feather it by tearing the edges back towards the centre when its dry.
Then you can sand it and fill it as needed.

Does nobody in this group DIY decorate any more?

Partway through decorating the hall, stairs and landing at the moment.
Somewhat slowed by having to replace the hall ceiling due to a previous
leak and taking the opportunity to run network and satellite cables to
upstairs while I have access; put new phone and power sockets in the
hall; relocate the wired buglar alarm control panel under the floor (it
has remote keypads); replace the gas cupboard door; repair damaged
plasterwork; bury the thermostat's wiring; tidy the radiator plumbing;
replace the underlay that is breaking up (not replaced when the carpet
was changed some years ago); re-fit the PVC around the front door, etc.

I've just thrown out the old underlay, in preparation for painting the
woodwork on the stairs.

SteveW