dadiOH

Default Scratches on sliding glass door

George E. Cawthon wrote:

Contrary to what one writer said, most sand is composed of materials
harder than window glass.

Me. Really depends on the source of the sand and that varies by location.
Relatively few minerals are harder than glass and much "sand" is derived
from rock that does not contain the harder ones.

I agree that silica is one of the most common "sand" minerals but I've seen
lots and lots of sand derived from much softer material. For example, coral
sand from a beach...won't scratch squat.

--
dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.0...