Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Streaming TV around the house.

On 16/06/2019 15:13, John Rumm wrote:
In article ,
Â*Â*Â* The Natural Philosopher wrote:
So far that server has elminated most USB sticks, the need for any DVD
players on the (smart) tellies, the need for a CD player and tuner for
the hifi, and the need for TV dongles on every PC.

And these are facilities you'll now use?

Take me through how convenient it would be to play a CD on your computer
and pick that up on the Hi-Fi? Or indeed radio?

I rip em losslessly to FLAC, put them on te server and play that on any
one of many devices round the house.

As far as radio goes there is nothing I can get on FM that I can't get
at better S/N over the internet.

So my FM radio tuner is redundant now as well as the CD player and the
DVD player.

To connect to my hifi I hacked a raspberry Pi with a DAC card to feed
the HiFi, and control it from a web page using any computer or
smartphone on the house network.

--
Any fool can believe in principles - and most of them do!