Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Streaming TV around the house.

On 16/06/2019 13:48, Andy Burns wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

came up with TVheadend - a TV server that can read a DVB card or
dongle and allow streaming of TV programs to suitable client

Yes, I switched away from mythTV to TVheadend (with VLC and/or Kodi as
front end)

So I installed in on my Liniux Mint Server and yes, it works pretty well.
Howver, be warned, this installation for me was everything that gives
Linux a bad name. The code would not install without some manual
installation having to be done.

Sounds like a Mint issue, install and upgrades from the usual repos on
Fedora have been clean, I don't even have to build my own kernels to
support the DVB-S2/T2 card which was previously a pain

No. It wasnt IN teh Mint repo so I had to add a PPA and then it kept
saying the size of the .deb was wrong, so I wget'ed that and installed
by hand and fixed up the dependencies by hand, too.

My kernel is not quite late enough on the server to support HD dongles.

So if I want to go HD I will need to upgrade te server.

A job for winter I feel.

let them."