Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving
Commander Kinsey Commander Kinsey is offline

Default Legalities of changing sockets and brakes in England?

On Sat, 15 Jun 2019 20:02:40 +0100, GB wrote:

On 6/15/2019 11:20 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Sat, 15 Jun 2019 17:19:56 +0100, GB wrote:

On 6/15/2019 8:13 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Sat, 15 Jun 2019 15:23:47 +0100, GB wrote:

On 6/15/2019 7:10 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Sat, 15 Jun 2019 14:42:23 +0100, GB
wrote:

1. 'It' is a pronoun. The others are not. Using it's as the
possessive would be like using he's or him's instead of his.

It, John, car, cat, they are all nouns.

No, they are not. 'It' is a pronoun. Do you even know the ****ing
difference?

The point is I don't CARE about the ****ing difference. You really
need
to get a life. Why should it have any less importance than cat or
car?

The point is you're ****ing illiterate. It doesn't have less
importance
than car or car, it's just different.

For no reason, just for the sake of your pointless rules.

For the simple reason that it's a pronoun and not a noun. Nothing
pointless about that, except to a dumb **** like you.

Yet you can't give me that reason. Typical bible basher, because it
says so in the book, we do it, nevermind if it makes sense.

Reason? There is no ****ing reason, you dumb ****. It evolved that way
over two thousand years. Typical illiterate.

Like I said, you're following rules with no reasoning. A sure sign of
no brain.

Like I said, the evolution of language doesn't involve reason. Are you
****ing stupid or something?

But you don't want it to evolve, you want hard and fast rules.

Stop categorising stuff for no reason.

There's a valid reason for words to be categorised as nouns, verbs,
adjectives etc. It helps when teaching English to illiterates like
you.

It delays teaching the important aspects of the language, by
teaching
unimportant useless bull****. English is not mathematics, it
doesn't
need pedantic rules.

The grammar IS the most important aspect of the language...it's what
keeps the language together!

We have 50 different languages throughout the world, all with 50
different dialects each. Get used to it, nobody follows your silly
rules.

We have far more than 50 languages throughout the world...more like
6500. You're just showing your ignorance again.

Not common ones.

Common enough to the people who use them.

Have the 6500 if you want, it only makes my point much stronger.

You didn't HAVE a point.

You want regulations on how to write, yet there are 6500 versions of it. It would be like you moaning about the way Windows works, when there's MacOS, Unix, and 6547 others that are completely different.

I know people in Glasgow who say "that's been did" instead of
"that's been done" - it means precisely the same thing, it doesn't
matter which word is used.

Yes, it does...'that's been did' is illiterate.

Did and done are both the past tense of do

No, they're not. Geez, you're illiterate. Did is the past tense, done
is the past participle. You don't even know the ****ing difference,
do you?

There is no point in the difference. Something either happens now,
before, or later.

There is every point in the difference: something happened is not the
same as something has happened.

Of course it is, it means it occurred at a time earlier than now.

You're obviously too thick to appreciate subtle differences in meaning.

I'm intelligent enough not to care about pointless differences in meaning.

Have you ever read a ****ing book?

Occasionally, when I'm somewhere without a TV.

2. For the intelligent and literate among us, it helps to
identify the
stupid and illiterate.

It helps to identify those with a life. You really are a sad
boring
little **** aren't you?

You really are a thick, pig ignorant, desperate little piece of
****,
aren't you? A total loser.

Because I don't waste my time following pointless regulations about
the
usage of words?

They're far from pointless, you thick, pig ignorant, desperate little
piece of ****.

FFS go get a hobby.

Get a LIFE, you dumb ****.

I do, and it doesn't involve rules.

Your 'life' consists of driving drunk through red lights. That's
pretty much it.

It gets me there quicker.

Where quicker? To do WHAT? There's nothing to do up there!

We have 50 times more scenery than England for a start.

So what? It's always ****ing raining.

True, but we never get hosepipe bans and nobody has a water meter.

And dark.

In summer it's actually lighter.

Don't tell me you drive drunk through red lights just to see the scenery
quicker.

It gets me to the nice places quicker.

You're the one stupid enough to wait for
imaginary pedestrians and traffic.

You're the one stupid enough to think this gives you some degree of
'control' over your miserable life.

It means I go where I want to go, not where a piece of electronics in a
traffic light wants me to.

Like I said, you think you have achieved some degree of 'control' over
your miserable little life because you disobeyed a traffic light.

Not just one.