Posted to uk.legal,uk.politics.misc,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Legalities of changing sockets and brakes in England?

"Liar Liar" wrote in message
On 6/15/19 3:45 AM, Keema's Nan wrote:
On 15 Jun 2019, Xeno wrote
(in article ):

On 15/6/19 10:59 am, Gladys Street-Porter wrote:
Xeno explained on 6/14/2019 :
On 14/6/19 6:31 pm, Tim Streater wrote:
In , Xeno
wrote:

The science on climate change was *settled* in 1981 according to a
report put out at the time.
Science is *never* "settled", as anyone who knows anything about it -
not you, it would seem - will say.
Not my word, the word of climate scientists in general. All that has
happened since 1981 has been further confirmation of what was
determined in the 81 report.

Are you a climate scientist? I suspect not.
Peers Corbyn is. He says we're in a period of cooling and the Sun's
energy, not CO2, is the cause of climate change on our planet. He also
says CO2 is a result of warming, not the cause of it.
The sun is the source of *heat*. Climate change is the result of CO2
trapping the reradiated heat from the earth's surface.

The excess CO2 is the result of fossil fuel burning, agriculture
(methane acts the same as CO2)

Methane is not €śthe same€ť as CO2 when it comes to greenhouse effects.

Methane is 80 (yes; eighty) times more effective than CO2 as a greenhouse
gas, so when all that methane trapped under the frozen tundra starts to
bubble to the surface as the tundra melts, humans are well and truly
****ed.

The only question is how few years have we got?Maybe 10, 20?

and removal of forest cover.
I think we're all agreed then? Three cheers for Peers Corbyn...but not
his bother Jeremy.
Your *example* is a consensus of *one*. Hardly convincing.

Al Gore started this global warming bull****.

Nope, jumped on the bandwagon long after it got started.

But all this global warming nonsense doesn't stop two-faced Al Gore from
taking private jets.

https://dcstatesman.com/al-gore-busted-private-jet-use/