jim

Default Scratches on sliding glass door

Dinah wrote:

Sure looks like dog scratches to me. I don't understand the replies that
say a dog's nails cannot scratch glass. I see mine doing it with my own
eyes. Her nails are like razor blades when they get long. I think I will
go down to the glass company and see what they say.

"jmagerl" wrote in message
A picture is worth a thousand words.
http://users.rcn.com/jmagerl
THis is the door that led out to the dog run. It is scratched on both

sides
from them wanting to go out and in. A close up is included. The previous
home owner kept 2 rottweillers out there (I think they were

rottweillers-big
brown dogs with stubby tails)

I wouldn't have believed a dogs claw could do this either. (I'm thinking
sand embedded in their claws?)

"jmagerl" wrote in message
I too have a sliding glass door that is totally fogged over from the
scratches of two big rotweillers the previous owner had. I would have

said
the same thing until I saw this door. I was going to replace the door

since
the scratches go from floor to ceiling.

"Phisherman" wrote in message
On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 01:09:05 GMT, "Dinah"
wrote:

Is there anything on the market that would minimize the scratches.

My
dog
has scratched it badly trying to get out to get to a squirrel that

teases
her daily. TIA

This does not make sense. Glass is harder than a dog's nails, so the
dog nails cannot scratch glass. Are you sure your door is not
Plexiglas? You could train the dog to stay away from the "glass"
door.

its the dirt that the dogs pick up on their claws......the grit that
will come out of the ground in the yard or far as that goes also in the
house.... my wife was always wiping the tv screen, the windows in the
house and the windows on my truck... well i got these nice little
scratches in places that no one would have bee able to get to other than
her with her dusting.... the tv screen.. its always dust and will
attract alot of dust/grit from the area... the garage windows when i
use my grinding tools.. or sandpaper.... and she wipes it off(or the
dog moves it along the glass and it scratches.....its not the dogs
nails.. yes they are sharp, but you cant take a plastic knife and cut a
piece of brass with it no matter how sharp it is.......