Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default Clare - are smaller car tires easier to balance than SUV tires?

On Fri, 14 Jun 2019 15:05:56 -0400, Tekkie®
wrote:

Arlen G. Holder posted for all of us...

I have two more tires to put on for her for her rears, which are worn more
evenly (she probably doesn't rotate?) so I told her to wait until she
needed them since they are just sitting outside (I moved them into the
garage as they were getting dirty in the rain over the winter).

The better tires should-by tire manufacturers recommendation-be mounted on
the back.

That is only true for ONE risk - the risk of the rear tires breaking
away on a corner due to hydroplaning or poor traction.

In his case if he always put the best tires on the rear he would
continually be putting half worn tires on the axle that is eating
tires and requires the most traction (the downhill steering wheels and
the uphill "scrambling" wheels.

Doesn't make a LICK of sense in either case.