john

Default Digital Thermostat

I just purchased a Honeywell digital thermostat.
The thermostat seems to cycle the furnace on and off much more
frequently than my old thermostat. I called Honeywell and they said
this was normal operation to insure that the ambient temperature
stayed in a narrow range. I would seem to think that such frequent
cycling would cause much more wear and tear on the equipment (I have a
hot water gas system). This concerns me and I was wondering if anyone
knows of a brand that doen't cycle the system as often as the
Honeywell. I can live with a higher variation of temperature for the
sake of the life of my heating system.

Thanks to all.

john