Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Aluminium brazing/soldering, how easy?

On 13/06/2019 16:09, newshound wrote:
In article ,
Â*Â*Â* The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 13/06/2019 07:43, wrote:
You can get alusol ( not anusol! ) And that claims to allow you to
solder to aluminium.

Also a company called superior flux that offers an aluminium cleaner
and AFCW 99C and AFCW 96S solder wire that can also solder to certain
aluminium grades.

I have soldered aluminium with ordinary lead tin solder. The secret is
Carr's aluminium flux, and an open window.

I'd have thought soft solder weaker than a decent epoxy?

Yes but it is ductile, and resistant to chemicals and UV, and feathers
better.

In my case it was to make electrical contacts to aluminium electrodes in
LI poly cells

--
€œIdeas are inherently conservative. They yield not to the attack of
other ideas but to the massive onslaught of circumstance"

- John K Galbraith