Posted to rec.woodworking
Keith nuttle Keith nuttle is offline

Default Dovetails to assm. boards for raised garden

On 6/13/2019 2:01 PM, Jerry Osage wrote:
entire length o

I assume these are landscape timbers at least 4 X 4 or 4 X 6 Though with
a little more care I believe it could be done on a 2 x 6, etc. May be
make a jig for the saw to give additional support that could be quickly
clamped to the timber..

I believe the easiest way would be to carefully set your skil saw to a
45 angle. Mark the neck of the dove tail carefully and then cut one
side of the dove tail by gone one way through the board, and reverse the
saw and come the other way for the other side. Think it through as you
could get some anti dovetails.

After the side cuts are made make a series of cuts throught the was area
and take the chips out with a chisel.

--
Judge your ancestors by how well they met their standards not yours.
They did not know your standards, so could not try to meet them.