Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.media.tv.misc
NY[_2_] NY[_2_] is offline

Default TV Studio shows - red lights on set ?

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Jethro_uk wrote:
However, I doubt they'd show heaters unless part of the 'plot'.

Nice example in the background he

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/640x360/p01j10g1.jpg

That is a pretty standard studio hard source light - the barn doors being
the give away. It is run right down on its dimmer and just used as a
pretty prop. It's not really doing any lighting as such. It is 'red' like
any other tungsten lamp dimmed right down.

Also looks like it is a background pic keyed into place, by the blue
fringing round the artist's head and shoulders. Spill from a blue screen.
Or just very odd back lighting.

It looks more like back lighting with a blue light rather than poor
Chromakey, though I suppose if he was very close to a blue screen or it was
very brightly over-lit, you might get spill.

As a matter of interest, why is it that they used to use blue backgrounds
and keying for Chromakey but nowadays almost always use green? I thought
that blue was chosen because it was the least likely primary to be contained
in the foreground subject, and the most diammetrically opposite to flesh
tones which are the absolute worst thing that they want to cause false
triggering.