Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.media.tv.misc
NY[_2_] NY[_2_] is offline

Default TV Studio shows - red lights on set ?

"Jethro_uk" wrote in message
Noticed a lot of shows that have a stage now seem to have these
circular reddish glowing lights around the sides and back. Looking
more like heaters.

Can you give an example to look out for?

However, I doubt they'd show heaters unless part of the 'plot'.

Nice example in the background he

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/640x360/p01j10g1.jpg

Slightly different look he

https://images.app.goo.gl/m2KSdsQnTL8V8N4d7

One more for good measu

https://images.app.goo.gl/eFtjAmLSu2kXsWX5A

Ah, now I understand. I thought you were meaning pure red lights as in the
colour of traffic lights or car brake lights. These are incandescent "white"
lights with a warmer colour temperature than the lights used to illuminate
the set.

I have no idea what the significance of the fad is. The first one is a
theatrical lamp, complete with barn doors to restrict the beam of light. The
other two don't even have that vague relevance to a stage setting.