Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.media.tv.misc
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default TV Studio shows - red lights on set ?

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
Jethro_uk wrote:
On Tue, 11 Jun 2019 19:14:18 +0100, Dave Liquorice wrote:

On Sun, 9 Jun 2019 09:15:32 -0000 (UTC), Jethro_uk wrote:

Noticed a lot of shows that have a stage now seem to have these
circular reddish glowing lights around the sides and back. Looking more
like heaters.

Curious as to what exactly they are, since I don't recall seeing them
20 years ago ?

The latest lighting fad?

Dunno, but they seem to be everywhere ...

Can you give an example to look out for?

I'm guessing the OP is thinking of those huge searchlights that
are more for decoration than illumination.

Possibly something like this:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06jtmwb

Chris
--