Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default upside down????

On 12/06/2019 08:27, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 08/06/2019 21:05, Terry Casey wrote:
In article ,
says...

"Terry Casey" wrote in message

If the device doesn't require an earth you don't need a metal
pin but the plastic pin has to be present to open the shutters
on a 13A socket.

which is a pain as they seem to break off too easily .....

Whilst I agree that the can be snapped off, I've never had it
happen to me - and I can be really clumsy at times.

Ordered an additional 18V battery charger the other day - turned up with
the earth pin snapped off! (it was well packaged and wrapped up, but the
plug had been located in the packaging such that its pins were resting
against the charger. Must have got a knock in just the wrong direction)

and they say that never happens...tee hee

Its the first time I have had a pin snapped of a proper 13A moulded on
plug, rather than say a wallwart.

--
Cheers,

John.