Posted to alt.home.repair
Arlen G. Holder Arlen G. Holder is offline

Default Clare - are smaller car tires easier to balance than SUV tires?

Clare - are smaller car tires easier to balance than SUV tires?
https://i.postimg.cc/kG1M7cLd/mount15.jpg

A neighbor was in need of tires who knew that I had bought a few extra for
her long ago where they've been sitting outside in the rain & mud for
months waiting for her to need them.
https://i.postimg.cc/7L8HPbtb/mount16.jpg

She finally wore through the belts and had to stop over for an "emergency"
tire change, which I did for her, but she was in a rush so we did it in
about 20 minutes from start to finish.

I had to do it so fast that I didn't see the yellow dot until I looked at
this picture, where I mounted the red dot to the valve stem instead of the
yellow dot as you had recommended for when there are no match mounting
marks.

I did statically balance and she reported no vibration whatsoever. I didn't
spend a lot of time cleaning up things so I'm surprised there's no
imbalance given how quickly I did the job for her.

Just wondering if you've found that these tiny 14-inch tires are a piece of
cake compared to the normal truck SUV tires (like the Optimo's that I'm
used to) both in terms of mounting and balancing?