Posted to uk.d-i-y
Cursitor Doom[_6_] Cursitor Doom[_6_] is offline

Default Best value car sound deadening

On Tue, 11 Jun 2019 10:54:26 +0100, Bill wrote:

In message , Mr
Sandman writes
Yeah that sounds like the stuff a chap used who did some welding for me,
also called self adhesive bitumen flashing. Very heavy stuff, perfect.

I was working on a vintage Jag recently. Upon removing the rear seats
(which are the bench type and come out as one unit) there was some badly
deteriorated rubbery foam layer for sound-reduction purposes. It had to
be removed but was too fragile to survive. Rather than source a
replacement, I thought I might just re-fit the bench seat, then spray a
can of that expanding foam into the void where the rubber layer was. Sets
pretty rigid and occupies every cubic CC of space it can find. Might even
be better at noise-reduction than the original? Certainly quicker and
cheaper than trying to replicate the original from sheets of rubber foam!

--
Leave first - THEN negotiate!