Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Batteries - rechgble NiMH in place of Alkaline/Lithium?

On Monday, 10 June 2019 14:15:53 UTC+1, Terry Casey wrote:
In article ,
says...
Another John explained on 09/06/2019 :

OP he thanks so much for the advice! You've also answered a
subsidiary question, which is "are cheapo batts from Poundland etc good
enough?"

I guess at a pound a dozen or so, and when as many as 8 are needed, the
answer is "at a pound a go? what the heck!".

I tried them and they are quite useless, ended up bining them.

No problems with their alkaline cells and, in the results of
life tests I've seen, they compare favourably with others -
including Duracell.

ZnC cells are cheap but their low capacity makes them far worse value. They also can't deliver enough current for some loads. With ZnC & alkaline, brand name has only minor effect on performance.

NT