Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Batteries - rechgble NiMH in place of Alkaline/Lithium?

On 09/06/2019 20:40, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Another John explained on 09/06/2019 :
OP he* thanks so much for the advice!** You've also answered a
subsidiary question, which is "are cheapo batts from Poundland etc good
enough?"

I guess at a pound a dozen or so, and when as many as 8 are needed, the
answer is "at a pound a go? what the heck!".

I tried them and they are quite useless, ended up bining them.

They are fine if all you want is a moderate load for relatively short
periods of time. They are useless at high currents and I wouldn't trust
them not to leak if used for longer term in something like a clock.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown