Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default upside down????

On Sat, 08 Jun 2019 21:25:35 +0100, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

"Terry Casey" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

"Terry Casey" wrote in message

If the device doesn't require an earth you don't need a metal pin
but the plastic pin has to be present to open the shutters on a 13A
socket.

which is a pain as they seem to break off too easily .....

Whilst I agree that the can be snapped off, I've never had it happen to
me - and I can be really clumsy at times.

Of course, if you abuse anything sufficiently badly it will break ...

had two go recently...pain inthe butt...who stocks 13amp plugs these
days .....

I needed half a dozen last week. Somewhere I have some old ones. I ended
up buying a box of 20 as it was cheaper! (first I had to fond some with
proper cord grips)

Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org