Posted to uk.d-i-y
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq is offline

Default bloody satellites

On Sun, 09 Jun 2019 15:24:15 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Just noticed I have lost all the horizontal channels on both satellite
rxs......is it as simple as a duff lnb or coupled with the fact I am getting
a shock off the outer of all the f connectors could it be a cable/plug fault
.....I get the shock with either rx switched on or both on so probably not
the rx.????...not got any test equipment here at the static van so probably
start with bringing down a new four way lnb the next time I come down ?
....if that doesn't cure it check all the cables for shorts? ....anybody had
this fault?...

Surely there must be lots of experts on Sky in your trailer park?

Not a lot of use without an interpreter.

If the LNB supples the power to the cable a Sky expert isn't a lot of
use.

One of those Crystal danglers would be more appropriate, you know,
start a crystal swinging on a string.

Either that or prayer is good in such situations.

Daleks are still the most plausible really, they allow the laws of
physics to hold, no matter how unlikely the scenario.

AB