Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4DHJ ... Jim GM4DHJ ... is offline

Default bloody satellites

"T i m" wrote in message
On Sun, 9 Jun 2019 13:10:19 +0100, "Jim GM4DHJ ..."
wrote:

Just noticed I have lost all the horizontal channels on both satellite
rxs......

When I was installing systems for friends and family there was a
separate polariser but I'm guessing these things are all built into
the LNB these days?

is it as simple as a duff lnb

Assuming they work as they did with the polarity being twisted +- 45
degrees (if I remember it correctly) I can't see how the polariser
could not work both ways if it can work one (it only being a coil
etc)?

or coupled with the fact I am getting
a shock off the outer of all the f connectors

I think I used to get that sometimes.

could it be a cable/plug fault

Only if they weren't done properly in the first place and / or have
been move about since they were?

.....I get the shock with either rx switched on or both on so probably not
the rx.????

Is that with all feeds disconnected from the LNB (if it has more than
one etc)?

...not got any test equipment here at the static van so probably
start with bringing down a new four way lnb the next time I come down ?

Can't hurt if you have one or they are cheap enough. I'm guessing such
things would be vulnerable to electrical impulse nose etc?

....if that doesn't cure it check all the cables for shorts? ....anybody
had
this fault?...

I'm sure there must be. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

I have never had a tingle off the outer of an lnb plug before only this set
up.......I will get a new lnb because they a dirt cheap these days and I bet
the tingle will go but if it doesn't I will test the four cables for shorts
and re-plug them...just wondered with no horizontal signals and full scale
vertical it would be an lnb fault causing the "tingle"...... .thanks