Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nick Odell[_2_] Nick Odell[_2_] is offline

Default Band saw injury

On 08/06/2019 21:07, John Rumm wrote:
So there I was changing the blade on the band saw - took the old one
off, and did that twisty thing to fold it into a quarter sized round for
storage...

Then I found the nice big large tooth re-saw blade I wanted, and went to
uncoil it. Now I was taking all the proper precautions (or so I
thought), cut proof gloves, and keeping it well away from the face etc.
First time it did not "untwang". So I adjusted my position and tried
again, and which point it sprung back into shape rather quickly, and
with a whoosh the bottom bit of it sprung round and hit me in the nuts!
(blunt side fortunately). Had to lay down on the floor for a bit after
that!

I thought you were typing in a rather high-pitched, squeaky voice!

Glad to know you've still got all your arms and legs: Band saw injury is
a bit of a scarey title!

Nick